Negative ions are odorless, tasteless, and invisible molecules that we inhale in abundance in certain environments. Think mountains, waterfalls, and beaches. Once they reach our bloodstream, negative ions are believed to produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping to alleviate depression, relieve stress, and boost our daytime energy.
Generally speaking, negative ions increase the flow of oxygen to the brain, resulting in higher alertness, decreased drowsiness, and more mental energy.
You may already know that ions (in balance) play a very important role in keeping us healthy, and the negative ion is a major health benefactor. Negative ions provide energy to the human body. The billions of body cells are enclosed by a cell wall; and the cell wall performs one of the most important functions — absorbing nutrition and eliminating waste material.
The cell wall can be normalized if there are enough negative ions both within and outside the cell. The reverse is also true — if there is a lack of negative ions and too many positive ions within a cell. Thus, the absorption and elimination processes cannot be done effectively. The result could be adult diseases such as hypertension, arteriosclerosis, cerebral apoplexy and cancer.
Ions are molecules that have gained or lost an electrical charge. They are created in nature as air molecules break apart due to sunlight, radiation, and moving air and water. The power of negative ions is strongly felt when at the beach or beneath a waterfall. The air circulating in the mountains and the beach is said to contain tens of thousands of negative ions — much more than the average home or office building, which by comparison contain only dozens or hundreds, and many register a flat zero.
The ideal amount of negative ions for our health is 400 to 1000 per Cubic Centimeter of air. These numbers seems to be decreasing everywhere because of the concrete jungle created around the planet. Because of this, we are experiencing serious effects, such as headaches, insomnia and fatigue of both our body and mind. The list of afflictions that can be caused by an improper number of ions in the body is long.
Just know that too few negative ions in our body can cause many diseases, and have a dangerous effect on our overall health. Published research has shown that high levels of negative ions are a useful treatment for seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
Various worldwide research studies have proven the benefits in areas such as headache and nervous system tension relief, stomach and liver function, elimination of constipation and stomach pain, rapid recovery from fatigue, and improvement in occupational effects from light shoulder sclerosis.
Key Point: Using Synthetic Fabrics Decreases Negative Ions
When we wear synthetic fabrics:
- the calcium in our blood decreases, being discharged through our urine. This results in acidified blood after which a nerve disorder may result, causing a tired feeling.
- many professionals believe that when negative ions decrease and the amount of glucose in our blood increases. Normal blood sugar levels in humans is 100mg per 100 Cubic Centemeters (automatically controlled by the body). If the control function changes, blood sugar levels may increase or decrease abnormally, resulting in various symptoms.
- the amount of Vitamin C in (liquid blood) serum decreases abnormally. This results in weakened resistance of our body causing stress. Vitamin C deficiency is also caused by eating too many fast foods or too few fruits and green and yellow vegetables.
What you can do if the beach or mountains aren’t part of your natural environment
- Consider adding natural waterfalls or fountains to your living space, indoors and out.
- Step outdoors and take breaks regularly to breathe natural air rather than remaining inside houses and office buildings.
- Wear natural fabrics such as silk, linen and cotton.
- The BioMat offers a convenient method for positively impacting human health by increasing negative ions in the body. Consider regular sessions with your local healthcare practitioner. The BioMat is also available to purchase for home use.