To receive direct experience is the best way to appreciate the practice of Reiki. Sessions with a trained practitioner often bring rapid stress reduction and relief from pain and anxiety.
Although Reiki is a “healing” modality; one does not necessarily “feel” anything during a session. Yet, recipients commonly report improved sleep and digestion and a greater sense of well-being. Others express feeling more motivated, less depressed and sometimes having relief from side effects of medications, radiation or chemotherapy. Results vary from person to person as does the time it takes to release the underlying stressors of the various ailments one might have. Each person is unique.
Reiki supports our well-being and strengthens our natural ability to heal itself by encouraging balance in our energy centers called Chakras. When a person is already in good health, it increases vitality and postpones the aging process. The continued use of Reiki treatments in a healthy state often manifests as self-confidence and self-assurance.
Some Health Benefits Using Reiki
- Promotes and accelerates the body’s own natural ability to heal
- Aids in deep, restful, peaceful sleep. 1 hour of Reiki is equal to 3 hours of deep sleep on the healing and repair level
- Balances the energy centers (Chakras) in the body
- Strengthens the immune system allowing it to better deal with daily stress and viruses
- Relieves pain (i.e. headaches, backaches, relaxing the muscles)
- Helps to free from addictions
- Clears toxins from the body
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Balances the organs and glands and their bodily functions
- Use in tandem with conventional health practices and medicine
- Used in hospitals to lesson pain and side effects of drugs as well as shorten recovery time
- Releases blocked and suppressed feelings and emotions
- Improves mental well-being and promotes greater ability to deal with everyday challenges
- Calms and relaxes the mind and relieves stress
- Improves the ability to concentrate
- Facilitates decision-making abilities
- Enhances personal awareness
- Promotes creativity and improves memory
- Aids in meditation and positive thinking
- Releases fears
- Improves confidence
- Calms and balances the emotions
- Promotes feelings of contentment
- Enhances relationships
- Increases intuition
- Increases multi-sensory abilities
- Helps in the progression of spiritual growth
Some Things You May Experience During A Session
- The most common feeling is that of falling asleep.
- Many feel a warmth as the energy works; others, cold or a tingling sensations.
- Gurgling and sounds may rise from your stomach.
- If your primary complaint is pain &/or anxiety, reduction or elimination after a series of 3-5 sessions is frequently known to occur.